It is illegal to have your employees cleanup any blood, body fluids, infectious waste or biohazards unless they can meet the following guidelines:
- They have had formal training in blood borne pathogens
- You have a written exposure control plan
- You provide the proper personal protective clothing and equipment
- You have offered and documented the hepatitis vaccine (series)
- You must provide them with the proper method to clean, remove, store and legally dispose of all bio-hazardous waste and document it.
Federal Regulation 29CFR1910.1030 states that only after these steps are met, can any employee clean a Bio-Hazard scene.